We recognize our responsibility at YOLANDASWIM to operate in a manner that is conscious of our planet and we are dedicated to making business decisions that help our brand gear towards a more sustainable future.
Our garments have been meticulously designed into simplistic cuts and styles made to mix and match with your existing swimwear wardrobe to combat fast fashion consumerism and withstand trends.
We are dedicated to working alongside our partners to ensure responsible business practices are in place.
YOLANDA SWIM SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES
Below are our key initiatives driving us toward improves sustainability standards
- We stock limited quantities of our garments, only reordering styles as required to reduce unnecessary waste and limit our impact and over production. Prior to placing new orders for our styles, we offer pre ordering to allow our QTY's to be accurate and limit over production.
- Our garments are made piece by piece meaning limited waste of fabric per item.
- Our ecommerce satchels are compostable and made from corn starch and turn into garden fertilizer within 3-4 months.
- We have removed plastic packaging from our supply chain with swimwear being packaged into drawstring woven bags and made to house your beach essentials or store your Yolanda Swim garments.
- Our gift boxes are made from Kraft with limited ink used to reduce carbon emissions and harsh dyes. These boxes are designed to be recycled or reused
- Our Thankyou cards are made from recycled materials and designed to be recycled
- We chose to ship using Australia Post which aids in offsetting carbon emissions and limiting commercial outputs.
As the creators of Yolanda Swim. we are dedicated to upholding our social and environmental responsibilities, with all existing and future partners. Whilst we’re not perfect, we are driven to making further improvements to our business model that aid and preserve our planet.
YOLANDA SWIM SUSTAINABILITY GOALS
- Eliminate single use plastic from our sampling process by July 2023.
- Introduce 100% recycled materials into our future swimwear collections. We have achieved this for 2022, launching our Lumiere collection made from regenerated water bottles. This will continue in our production process.
- Transition our hygiene liners into biodegradable units by late 2023. This has been continuously tested since 2021, having not found the right material to date. We're passionate about eliminating our plastic liners and continue to test for alternatives.
- Reduce office general waste by 70% making office waste compostable by early 2023
- To become carbon neutral by January 2024 through offsetting usage and partnering with like-minded stake holders in whom work towards a similar goal
We are committed to helping create change in an industry that can too often be exploitative, as well as continually educating ourselves on social and environmental practices that are considerate of our makers, our planet and our customers. Our sustainability practices and goals are monitored half yearly and will be updated as we set more goals and continuously improve our practices.